Monday, January 14, 2008

FRIENDS!!!!

Part 2 of America: Tour de Tejas

This was my view for most of my time in Texas.... traffic on the highways. Unfortunately, I'm really bad at remembering to take pictures... so several fun stops weren't documented at all. However, I do have a few for the record.
In Dallas, Lauren and I in her first apartment as a wife.... the night before they moved to their new house!
Brice and Lauren trying to get the xmas tree apart. So funny. The 6 Chicks reunion started off with a trip to Jason's Deli in Fort Worth. You know you're in Texas when you see this sitting next to ya:
The chicks hung out at the way cool Ramada in Weatherford with a high tech security system on our door.
On our weekend o' fun we went to see our Joey get hitched! We were glad someone threw a nice party for our reunion! :)



Next stop was one of my favorite places..... Bryan/College Station. I had lots of fun seeing Living Hope friends, staying at the Hendrick's house, drinking Sweet E's coffee with friends, playing Wii with some of my favorite little boys, seeing lots of new babies, and shooting off fireworks with toddlers. Crazy fun.


Here's me and Mrs. Erin Mosier. :)
I hardly took any pics in CS.... and since Heather's blog won't let me copy her pics onto mine... I had to post this one. The Wii does weird things to people. Evil red eyes.... and my face is ridiculous. Wii boxing takes talent... some people just have what it takes. Of course I had to give myself a tour around campus. Good memories. Good times.
Next I headed over to the fun city of Austin! I got to hang out with some great friends for a couple nights. I promised Steph I wouldn't put the early morning pictures of her on my blog--- but I have to put something.... so I decided against the close-up one of us. But, I think she looks great for just getting up and not feeling so great that day either. Love ya Steph! :)

I had fun hanging out with the Austin girls... eating good Mexican food.... laughing about memories from their trip to visit me in Thailand... shopping around town.... the usual.

Sweet Emily made it back to Austin just in time to see me!

D.O. and I in Arlington... Hobby Lobby parking lot. I bought lots of cute ribbon. A spool of ribbon costs $25 in Thailand... no lie.

I missed pictures with Kerri K, Katie Tank, Lisa M, Megan B, Jenni H, Rachel S, Haley Pep, Lizzie S, and Rachel J.... some of my other favorite girls in the world. Most of whom I saw in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex. I told ya I was bad at the picture thing. The greater tragedy is I missed seeing the rest of you guys!

Don't be too grossed out. This is just a little picture of comparison. My roommates made me promise to throw my old Rainbows away in America. A sweet friend bought me replacements.... a super nice gift. But, I do miss those old things... I guess they're somewhere in a dump in Texas.... probably in millions of nasty pieces now. That's what a year and a half of everyday flip-flop wearing on Asian streets will do to the poor things. Good-bye comfort and foot fungus!

6 comments:

Hendrick Family said...

I look like I have fangs!

We look like scary wii boxers.

Heather

Anonymous said...

It was sooo good to see you! Thanks for coming to Austin to see me :) Your in trouble with that pic though. Love you!!

Justin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Justin said...

We'll see you next time... with another baby girl on my hip:) It's crazy what a difference 2 years can make!
Love you lots, and we can't wait to hear more and more of what God is doing in Thailand.

Sarah said...

i think you can see my tonsils in that picture.
gross.

but, since i got to hang out with you Brookie long lost friend face, i'll let is slide this time.

hey, lets meet for American doughnuts really soon okay??

Brooke said...

not to name drop or anything... but i did get to hang out with the one and only colby ivey... i didn't get a picture of him either. but, since i was just thinking about our conversation, i thought i'd let yall know i think he's swell. end of name dropping.